Friday 14 September 2012

Some new stuff and nonsense

I haven't posted up much work recently. No particular reason, just not done it. I posted the flower painting the other day for my mum, but it isn't all I have done recently. I also completed the painting below, in oils. I guess it's a a kind of reversion to a style of work i was doing a year or two ago - less "abstract expressionist" and more "abstract landscape" if I've got to categorise it, inspired by the view from my window of my bedroom - where I am forced to work for the moment. Working in  a small space whilst trying to limit the mess I make restricts my normal style . Normally I dance around splashing things. In my bedroom i am sitting more sedately. Although I still have music playing and "jig" along. Also I wanted to give oils a go - I thought this might force me to be more careful on the spilling front.
Stone and clay (oil on canvas 65x54cm)

Also some other stuff on paper (below) that I did as a trial of some new paper called "laser" for the SAA. Interesting paper, only 80gsm, and feels like it is nothing special, but absolutely amazing how it works especially with oils. It absorbs and dries the paint very quickly. Don't ask me how. Probably magic of some sort.

Musician and muse  (ink on paper 21x30cm)

Vase of flowers ( (oil on paper 21x30cm)

Lac du Salagou  (watercolour on paper 21x30cm)

3 Cats  (ink on paper 21x30cm)

And last but not least some (a selection of) iPad pics. I am doing so many of these at the moment that there are too many to upload. Also not all of them are quite the same level of brilliance (my wife says). I am also working on a little "painting on your iPad" book. News of that when I've done some more work on it.
Moving Colours

3 Crocs

Tom tom

Howling at the moon

Designer cat

Cat on red stool
The last one is actually an iPhone pic.Drawing on an iPhone causes you to produce simpler images, less accurately! Also I guess it's supposed to be Earnie, the cutest cat in the world. (He spent many successful years at Cute School graduating with a starred first).

Sooner or later I'll upload these pics to my main website I guess. Maybe even today. Maybe not.  In the meantime  I should say - feedback always welcome: Although comments such as "this is crap you talentless worthless asshole" won't be published. Sorry about that. And I am likely to respond quite rudely. It's in my nature, see, can't help it. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment