Saturday 31 March 2012

iPad abstracts

I have been struggling for the last week or so with a very large abstract painting (180x120 cm). I have over-painted it changed it, scraped it, sprayed it, done all sorts of things, but haven't achieved what I want at all. Then yesterday my sister forwarded me an email invitation to a vernissage in Paris of paintings by Lindy Foss-Quillet -  someone she went to school with and who lived down the road from us as kids. She was inadvertently important in my life because we looked after her dog a couple of times, otherwise I can't remember much about her because she was "a big girl" when I was little. I didn't even know until yesterday she lived in france, or that she was a painter. Anyway she does really nice brightly coloured abstracts which you can see on her website at www.lindyfossquillet.com.

On it she talks about starting her abstract paintings from a small sketch. I have never really done this for my abstracts - although I often work from sketches for landscapes and other less abstract paintings. Anyway, I thought about it and came to the conclusion that making abstract sketches on the iPad was a good way forward. So here are some - which i kind of like for themselves. I'm going to try printing one or two of them because I printed one of my Chagall-influenced iPad sketches and really liked the result.







No comments:

Post a Comment