Saturday 2 July 2011

Coffee grounds (and tabasco)


I guess the title comes from a couple of things. This is a new abstract painting, and while painting I have been involved in an online debate about abstract art at L'Herault Art. In the latest article on the blog Gatsby reported on an argument with a friend on the merits or otherwise of abstract art. I felt moved to respond, and ranted onto my computer for 3000 words. When I'd just about finished I realised that what I'd written was a 3,000 word essay on "Modernism", so edited all the art college crap out and sent Gatsby a 1,000 word response, which he kindly published, here.

And in the meantime, here's the painting. Oh, and it really does contain some coffee grounds. Used ones though, I'm not mad, you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment