Saturday 25 June 2011

New Painting - Analysis

What do you see? What do I want you to see? What is deliberate? What is accident? When creating work like this it is difficult to explain sometimes what, where and why. The creative process takes over and things can just happen. Yes I make deliberate decisions about composition. Yes I spend time considering colour combinations, considering layers, considering textures. And materials. In this one I have deliberately used things around me - found things - to make textures. Some have meaning - to me -  some are just because I like the way they felt and looked and contributed to the whole. So... this painting is about a lot of things, some of them clearer than others.

The other point of interest: this is very big - 180cm x 120 cm. That's nearly 6x4 ft for undecimalised people. So you don't quite get it all on line - size and texture missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment