Wednesday 7 May 2014

Where have I been?

Busy, busy, busy.

BizeArt
We have set up BizeArt, a new venture in Bize-Minervois, consisting of a Gallery/Shop/Café in a tiny space at the heart of the village, and this has been a lot of work. We opened two weeks ago, and so far, so ok. I don't think we're going to be millionaires, that's for sure, but the summer season will tell us all we need to know. Take a look at the website, and if you're in the area pop in for a coffee - and enjoy a mini cupcake. I have been producing cards like mad - printed and hand drawn, which are all for sale in the shop for incredibly reasonable prices, and include drawings of the village and many more Purple Cat cards - and even a Purple Cat book! Take a look at the Purple Cat website at www.purple-cat.co . Whilst on the subject of Purple Cat, he will be appearing in a week or so at the Business Design Centre, at the "Progressive Greetings LIVE" fair. I've been working like mad at getting banners, posters, brochures, cards and all kinds of stuff ready.

What I haven't been doing enough of is painting - nor have a found enough time to carry on with my guitar practice/learning. None of this is helped by the excruciating pain I am in some of the time because of my tennis/golf elbow. I don't play either sport, by the way.

Anyway, here's a photo of the shop/gallery (above) and one of the drawings (left) I have done for postcards of the village. Below is a new Purple Cat image. The big pink bird is looking pretty disdainfully at Purple Cat using a rubber ring to swim in the sea, but I don't think Purple Cat cares very much. Stupid bird.

I've also been working on a couple of other things including a website called madeupfacts.net which is exactly what you think it is. Take a look and join in the fun. Or whatever it is.

Also working on stuff for other people such as "Languedoc Lifesavers" - as yet not live, but will be shortly. Or longly. Depending on people providing me with the text.

So busy, busy, busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment