Thursday 25 July 2013

A couple of new ones

It is so hot painting, even with my shirt off and a fan blasting away at me. It also effects the texture and drying times of the paint. So here are two different paintings, using different mixed media. The first is a mix of acrylics, spray acrylic, pen acrylic, acrylic ink and acrylic paint on canvas. The second is on paper (for oils) and is painted with oils - paint and sticks plus a blob or two of acrylic.

Street Life
Acrylics on canvas
60x72cm 

Difficult Fun
Mixed Media on paper
50x66cm
I'm not sure about the first - it may need more work. I kind of like the simplicity in one way, but in other ways it just doesn't look finished. I guess I'll have another look tomorrow. Now it's time to open a beer and cook dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment